The Strophy Foundation is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization with the mission of investing in a safe, healthy, and addiction-free community by supporting Thurston County’s Therapeutic Courts.
The Therapeutic Court Programs are funded by a combination of state, federal, local and grant funds and have proven over time to be very cost effective in reducing criminal recidivism and associated criminal justice costs. They are also cost effective in the community by decreasing law enforcement time, giving birth to drug-free babies, and reducing victims of crime.
The Foundation must acquire additional funding through private donations to provide the needed services. Please consider supporting the work of the Strophy Foundation through a financial gift to impact our community.
Examples of what the Foundation helps pay for:
- Compliance monitoring technologies such as SCRAM (alcohol monitors), electronic home monitoring, and urinalysis screening
- GED testing and other educational fees for adults and teenagers
- Treatment that is not covered by court grants, like domestic violence prevention classes
- Job training expenses, like food handler classes and certificates necessary to obtain certain jobs
- Bus passes, childcare, haircuts and interview clothes
- Modest rewards to celebrate successes